Friday, February 29, 2008

New Pictures of Helen

I apologize for taking so long to complete this blog. We've been waiting for some pictures of Helen that we wanted to include. We received them, and they copied well even though the original images were very small. I wanted to include them because they showed an aspect of Helen that most of us did not see or know. It was a part that was most precious to Jim and his memories of her. I appreciate that he was willing to share them with us.

I also wanted to make sure that everything met with Jim's approval. After the pictures were posted I asked him to view the site and let me know if anything needed to be changed. His reply was:

The site is beautiful. The pictures really did reproduce well
and Helen really looks great in them. I smiled through teary
eyes to see them again. Please let people look at the blog.
It is ready!!

Thanks for what you have done for me and for Helen. --Jim V.

Jim is at home and doesn't plan to make changes any time soon. We see him at church every Sunday, and he's a great Home Teacher. We love him, and appreciate him. --Kathey

3 comments:

Rainey Christofferson said...

Kathey - Thank you for making the effort to build this blog. I'm sitting here in tears--missing Helen, regretting that I couldn't be at the funeral, but also grateful that I was one of the lucky ones who knew her and was touched by her kindness and service.

Love and hugs,
Rainey

Kristine said...

Kathey,
I can hardly see the computer screen through the tears streaming down my face. The result of your work to put the blog together is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful woman who lived a beautiful life.

Jim,
Thank you for sharing those charming pictures of your sweetheart. I can see why those would be a couple of your favorites! You're a lucky man to have Helen as your eternal companion. We pray that the Lord will bring happiness and peace to your heart until that great day when you will see her again.

Love,
John and Kristine Macdonald

Anonymous said...

Kathey-Thank you for your sweet spirit and knowing what we needed to have in order to help us all get through this. We all love Helen and Jim very much and what a special way to be able to honor her. I know we all will miss Helen but we also know we shall be with her again someday.
Love, Kaylin